Profile and Biography of Mr. Tarun Gogoi - Chief Minister of Assam
Name of Present Chief Minister of Assam : Sri Tarun Gogoi
Birthday of Tarun Gogoi: 1st April, 1936
Birth Place of Tarun Gogoi : Rangajan Tea Estate , Jorhat in Assam.
School Education of Tarun Gogoi : Government Boys Highschool Jorhat ,Assam.
College Education of Tarun Gogoi : B.A from Jagannath Barooah College , Jorhat and did his LLB from Guwahati University in Assam.
Career of Tarun Gogoi as a Political Leader from Assam :
1. Started as Lawer and was elected as member of Bar Council at Jorhat in Assam
2. In 1968 became member of Jorhat Municipal board .
3. In 1976 become Joint secretary of AICC (All India Congress Committee).
4. Remained MP for total Six tenures .
5. Help Ministry of Food and also Food Processing Industry portfolio .
6. Also became Vice President of All India Congress Committee.
Tarun Gogoi is famous for his pleasant personality and composed smile.
Present Adress of Tarun Gogoi in Assam : Chief Minister of Assam
Guest House No. 1
Khanapara , Guwahati , Assam.
Family of Tarun Gogoi : He married Dolly Gogoi (Wife of Tarun Gogoi) in 1972 . He always finds strong support from Dolly Gogoi . They have one son and one daughter .
Hobbies of Chief Minister of Assam : He loves reading , gardening and playing different sports . He loves playing Golf .
Download Pictures of Tarun Gogoi from the Photo Gallery of Tarun Gogoi.