You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Assam Education

GAMADHAR KONWAR was the first freedom fighter of India.

Indian history declare "Mangal Pandey" as the 1st freedom fighter but a strong evidence is recovered which proves that"GAMADHAR KONWAR" was the first freedom fighter. of India.Recently statue of Gamadhar Konwar is inaugurated by chief minister Tarun Gogoi at Nakachari( Jorhat) where Gamadhar konwar stayed and control the rebellion against British. Study on Gamadhar is running at Nakachari by various person. Later I shall write a resource in this site
    Assam went under the British rule after the Treaty of Iandabu in the year 1826. Gomdhor started his revolt against the British in 1828 whereas Mangal Pandey started the Sepoy Mutiny in 1857. So, from this aspect we can consider Gomdhar as the first freedom fighter of India. But controversy as well as research is going on. Mr. Krishna I am eagerly waiting for your resource on this topic. This will certainly increase our knowledge of history.
    Regards
    Manabendra

"Oh, lift me as a wave, a leaf, a cloud!
    I fall upon the thorns of life! I bleed!"

Gather all possible informations related to Gomadhar Konwar and write the article as soon as possible. I am too waiting for your detailed resource article on this topic.
    Regards,
    Sultan.
    Webmaster

Members, Finally we got the article "First freedom fighter of India - Gamadhar Konwar" from Mr. Krishna Arandhara. He has gathered all possible informations related to the topic in his resource article.
    Regards,
    Sultan.
    Webmaster

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.