You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Name of the 7 days of Bohag Bihu.

The main and the most beloved festival of Assam is Bihu. There are three types of Bihu. They are -

1. Bohag or Rongali Bihu.
    2. Magh or Bhogali Bihu.
    3. Kati or Kongali Bihu.
    Although Bohag Bihu is celebrated for the whole month, yet the main 7 days are as follows -
    1st day is Goru Bihu.
    2nd day is Manuhor Bihu.
    3rd day is Gonxai Bihu.
    4th day is Kutum Bihu.
    5th day is Chenehi Bihu.
    6th day is Chera Bihu.
    7th day is Faat Bihu.
    Many assamese person don't know the seven types of Bohag Bihu.so your post help them.Faat Bihu celebrates at Mohghuli (Dhakuakhana,Demaj).It is also papular in Assam

@Mr. Manabendra, Well done. Do one thing, collect all informations related to these 7 days and prepare a resource article.
    Regards,
    Sultan.
    Webmaster

@Mr.Mustafijul thanks for your encouragement for which I was waiting for a prolonged period. I will obviously write the article as soon as it is possible.Thanks again.
    Regards
    Manabendra

"Oh, lift me as a wave, a leaf, a cloud!
    I fall upon the thorns of life! I bleed!"

Hi

That's really a good informative threads. I didn't even know that the subsequent days of Bohag Bihu also known through particular names although I did know that the first and second day of Bohag Bihu are known as Goru Bihu and Manuhor Bihu respectively. Thanks for the info and it really helped me to learn something new today.

Regards
    Lienda
    "When winter comes, can spring be far behind"

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.