You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestion & Feedback

Request to add new sections

Dear Admin,
    Can you add some new sections in Assam Spider? I think it will be very helpful if you add sections like quiz, where members will be able to upload in various catagories about Assam and also be able to participate there. Current affairs of Assam should be another specific section where we will be able to give short updates about what is happening in Assam. Because, sometimes the forrum section and the resource section become a mess while searching about recent updates. I hope you will consider it.
    There were a lot of sections earlier like: Business, College, School, Events etc which are only available as sub links on the Home page. Users have to scroll down the page and search for those links which is difficult for the newbies or even who are not members and just information seekers. I am not sure why this Layout has been chosen, because the original one was very good.
    Swagat Swargari

Yes, the homepage is not user friendly for new members.For me also, I had to spend lots of time to find what I need.
    Regards
    Manabendra

"Oh, lift me as a wave, a leaf, a cloud!
    I fall upon the thorns of life! I bleed!"

We are getting best visitors for resource and forum sections only and it has been a management level decision to keep only those two across all sites. We are not allowing any post in any other section.

Regarding home page, I focused on SEO mainly when I made it. Can you suggest me how to make it more easily navigable yet user friendly? Please mention exact changes.

Regards,
    Kumaraditya Sarkar
    Site Co-ordinator, SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt. Ltd.

Surprising CTR, CPC and eCPM in Punjabspider!

There are some points in my mind which I found somewhat diffcult. I don't know about other members or whether these points are important or not as honestly I don't have much knowledge about Search Engine Optimization. 1. There is no home button. It is very difficult for new members to know that the logo is actually the home button as in most of the sites there is a particular home button. 2. To add new resource or forum we have to go inside the sections. I think there should be direct shortcuts for them in the homescreen. 3. I am not sure whether we can filter the most read articles or not. 4.We can find out the top rankers but not the top earners. It is not clear to me whether the top rankers mean top earners or not. 5. The quick links are may be not working. Whenever i click, it remains in the same page. 6. My friend told me that he has a new buddy request but it is not shown as an alert. He had to go inside his profile and check it out.
    Regards
    Manabendra

Ya,these are the problems on homepage.I also think that if assamspider provides the sections mentioned by Manabendra certainly members can share knowledge among them.Thus the aim of this site will fulfill

Manabendra, thanks for some good suggestion. Regarding the home page button, I think that is not possible to add, but I can do one thing, when you point your mouse over the logo, it will show "Click to visit home page". I think that will help to some extent.

In our newer sites, we are having direct links. I will make the same here too. Filtering most read articles is not also a technical problem, but there is a real strategic problem with it. Our competitor sites can easily find out what kind of articles get most traffic, and build their sites accordingly. In fact, we tried it in the past! I will also recheck the quick links section.

We do not want to focus much on this site as money making site, since Google might not love that, and that can affect our rankings. That is why we are not showing the top earners.

Anyway I will do some more changes, such as withdrawing links to classified section etc which are no more in function. I will do this later in June because I am a bit busy now some other more important works.

Regards,
    Kumaraditya Sarkar
    Site Co-ordinator, SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt. Ltd.

Surprising CTR, CPC and eCPM in Punjabspider!

Kumaraditya Sir, thanks for the quick response.
    Regards
    Manabendra

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.