You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Introduction

Wish you all Happy Rongali Bihu from Hungary

Just joined Assamspider today and wish you all Happy Rongali Bihu. I am Manzil and currently living in Hungary, Europe. Assamspider will make feel at home. I will miss Rongali Bihu again this year:( .
    Hello Manzil;
    Wish you very very Happy Rongali Bihu. You are living in Hungary of Europe. But still you are missing your city or your state. This is really a good thing. But as i am not a citizen of Assam i have not such information that what is the Rongali Bihu festival. Can you please help me to know something about this festival of Assam.

Regards,
    Ardhendu Narayan Rout
    Editor Of Assam Spider

Hi Ardhendu Narayan Rout thanks for the answer and I am very happy to know that you are very curious to know about Rongali Bihu. Ok I will tell you in brief.

Rongali Bihu one of the three Bihus that the people of Assam celebrate. Rongali Bihu (also Bohag Bihu) is the Assamese New Year and it also marks the begining of agricultural season. Rongali Bihu falls in the middle of April (on 14th April) and people celebrate with joy by wearing new cloths, making traditional delicacies made of rice that we call pitha, snacks etc. On this occassion youngsters and elerdly people gather together to sing bihu songs which is called husori. Husoris are usually performed in groups and by visiting households. On this very traditional occassion Assamese people also visit friends, relatives and exchange gifts.

I am going to miss the pithas, jolpan and laddoos.....

Hello Manzil,
    Thanks a lot for this response. Really Bihu is one of the best festivals of Assam. I want to write something about this famous festival of Assam.

Regards,
    Ardhendu Narayan Rout
    Editor Of Assam Spider

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.