You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestion & Feedback

Which measure would be the most effective way to control price rise of basic commodities

This thread is to discuss the opinion poll topic 'Which measure would be the most effective way of controlling price rise of basic commodities?'.

The options available in the poll were -

1. Subsidized Fuel to reduce transportation cost.
    2. Strengthen Supply chain to reduce wastage during transport and storage.
    3. Subsidy in basic commodities.
    4. Promote self sufficiency in production of basic commodities.
    5. Direct to consumer stratagy in order to remove multi layer of trading.

All above actions would help in controlling price rise of essential commodities upto some extent. However, all of them may not be equally effective. For example, subsidy in basic commodities may have a short term impact on the price. However subsidy alone cannot solve the purpose, common public won't be benefited if their buying capacity doesn't increase. I request all the members of Assam spider to give their views on each of these measures, and add aditional action points to restrict price rise on a long term basis.
    I think the 5th option should be taken. But, selling in direct process isn't an easy option to choose. So, I think the rising price can't be reduced in future since the multi-layer program.
    With Best Regards,
    Ms. Tania Gogoi

Hi Tania, thanks for your views... You are absolutely right, direct selling to customer is not an easy task. However nothing is impossible and the result of such effort would serve the common case of restricting price hike. Hence it is worthful to take the pain.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.